Reduce complexity and improve operational efficiency across your retail processes with a single solution that standardizes processes across multiple sites and provides deep insight into business performance..
- Empower employees to improve customer satisfaction.
Help people connect with customers and suppliers and work fast and smart with access to Role Tailored tools and information specific to sales associates, store managers, buyers, and more
- Add stores and expand into new retail channels.
React quickly to change and expand your business model by adding stores and distribution centers and taking advantage of multichannel retail opportunities. With the capability to build profitable supply chain relationships, you can get ahead of demand and improve margins.
- Keep people fully informed quickly – even with a rapidly changing workforce.
Minimize training requirements with a solution that works like and with familiar Microsoft products. The easy-to-use, intuitive user interface makes it easy for people to start working right away.
Functionalities and Features
Centralized Store Management
- Manage POS terminals centrally, including visual profiles, functional profiles, user interface layouts, and employee permissions.
- Consistent data model and business rules between store and ERP processes provide accurate, timely, and consistent data.
- Purpose-built POS components are integrated into Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail.
- Continue to capture transactions and serve customers even when store connectivity to headquarters is down with fault-tolerant, resilient POS.
- Optimize the user interface for store roles with graphical “drag and drop” designer for improved productivity and customer service.
- Powerful POS capabilities include: on account, global voucher, returns management, info codes, returns/voids/markdowns, and inventory receipt/lookup/counts.
- Powerful data replication helps ensure critical updates across the organization: configurable, flexible inventory and financial updates, sales order payments, gift card usage, and issuance and usage of loyalty points.
- Optimize for profitability with pricing flexibility, including: flexible discounts, group/item/customer discounts, mix and match, and buy-one-get-one scenarios.
- Optimize purchasing and replenishment: Purchase quantities based on size, color, and style; and use replenishment processes, including cross-docking, to suggest item distribution between stores with immediate updates to transfer journals.
- Flexible four-level item hierarchy drives valuable reporting insight to improve assortment planning and product mix, including special item groups, location-specific pricing, customer-specific pricing, and promotions.
Global Reach and Scalability
- Adapt quickly to changing business requirements with POS add-ins and extensible headquarters software that can be tailored to meet specific retail needs.
- Scale your solution as your business grows and add stores and distribution centers to help you compete—locally and internationally. Easily add users and sites with three-tier architecture and integration with other Microsoft technology such as Microsoft SQL Server® 2008.
- Easily operate your business across geographies and locations with flexible deployment options and built-in support for 38 countries in 40 language versions.
- Capitalize on new opportunities with a Web services framework that makes it faster, easier, and more affordable to build expanded, profitable partner relationships.
- Enhance the customer experience by managing payments across channels—including mixing and matching payment providers by channel; buying online and returning to a physical store; and leveraging support for shopping carts.
- Reduce TCO with out-of-the-box support for critical payment integration, including debit and credit through Payment Services for Microsoft Dynamics ERP.
- Create and publish catalogs and manage offers across multiple channels.
Hardware and Payment Compliance
- Manage PCI data security standards compliance and ongoing support.
- Support retail industry standards, including OPOS, which enables maximum flexibility in POS hardware and peripherals choice.